In a series of tweets I posted earlier this week, you probably know that I wrecked my blog. Heehee.
I was editing my blog’s theme and was playing around with my blog’s public html directory. I know, I know, not a good move. But it was the curious cat inside me. I wanted to edit my blog’s look without purchasing another theme (Praise God, I didn’t give in to the temptations).
SO BACK TO THE STORY…
After a few tweaks here and there, I lost the /wp-admin part of my blog and there was no way for me to revert my mistake. I, again tried to edit the public html directory to try and rectify my doings but to no good, I ruined my blog even more. Haaayyy.. I did have a back-up for my blog it was very old, if I use my back-up, it would be like starting over again so I just went with it and deleted my blog entirely (with all posts and comments included).
The Kelly Bytes is still the same blog as before. I will still post whatever floats my boat and whichever tickles my fancy.
BUT WHAT’S NEW?
The Kelly Bytes may still be the old blog but of course, I took this blog wreckage as a time to slightly redesign my blog. Listed below are what’s new for The Kelly Bytes.
- Favicon/Logo – My favicon and logo is now a chibi or “mamon” made by the very talented Ate Jeini of ajeinomoto.com. I loved working with Ate Jeini, she really meets with the said deadline and really exceeds expectations! I just can’t get over my chibi design! It’s just too adorable! 😍
- Banner – My banner is a gift given by the sweetest Ate Auradelle of ladyauradelle.com! Ate Aura, you didn’t have to give me present but super thank you anyhoo! I super love the designs! (The chibi made by Ate Jeini was also incorporated)
- Home Page – Now I have a landing page! Yaaay! From my regular posts page, I created a new landing page with access to my recent posts and YouTube videos.
- Favorites Page – This is my blog roll page + a newly added section! Since I am trying to venture out to the YouTube world as well, I added a section for the channels I love!
- Color Scheme – The color scheme hasn’t really changed. I am still using white, rose quartz, and serenity as my overall blog colors but I am moving towards the serenity color a bit more! 🙂
- Comment Section – I ran a poll a few weeks back on Twitter, on which commenting system was the best, Disqus won the poll. I was kind of hesitant at first because I really love how the built-in comment system looks like but after reading several reviews, I gave in to Disqus. lol
So yup, that’s what new for The Kelly Bytes! I hope I don’t ruin my blog anytime soon.